Administrative Assistant within the Risk & Enforcement Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 511/2020
The FIAU is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to join the Risk & Enforcement Section.
As an Administrative Assistant you will work closely with the Associates by providing continuous support and assistance in:
- Keeping updated records of incoming and outgoing correspondence received/sent by the Supervision & Enforcement Section, as well as in assisting in the preparation of outgoing correspondence;
- Managing the retention and storage of documents received/used by the Supervision & Enforcement Section to ensure that these are available as and when required;
- Maintaining subject person databases and files used by the Supervision & Enforcement Section and ensuring that these are kept updated at all times as well as updating any other database used for statistical purposes;
- Assist in preparatory work for events organised by the Supervision & Enforcement Section and to coordinate booking arrangements for events attended by team (e.g. workshops, seminars and other training courses). This may also include liaising with the Corporate Services Section in relation to the organisation of staff travel arrangements;
- Responsible for answering to telephone calls and enquiries, and to handle them as appropriate;
- Provide general administrative support to the Supervision & Enforcement staff, as required and to perform any other related functions as may be directed by the Managers & Senior Manager.
- Administering and coordinating work related to projects that the Supervision & Enforcement Section may initiate from time to time. This shall also include issuing letters in relation to these projects, following up on such letters and closing the project assigned within specific timeframes.
Applicants must, as a minimum, be in possession of an A-level standard of education and be well skilled in Microsoft Office tools. Preference may be given to applicants in possession of a qualification in administrative and secretarial duties;
Applicants must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be well organised, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively;
The selected candidate is expected to have a professional attitude and appearance, have excellent telephone manners and be fluent in either Maltese or English language;
Applicants must have good writing and communication skills. Experience in report writing is considered an asset.
Demonstrated secretarial and administrative experience in a similar role and the possession of a relevant ICT qualification will be considered favourably.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Flexi Time
- Team building events