Application Support Specialist – Business Applications
Jobsplus Permit No. 270/2021
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
The FIAU is seeking to recruit an Application Support Specialist to join the Business Applications Team.
The Business Applications Team supports timely and effective decision making across the authority by empowering management and the team with the right data-related processes, KPIs, dashboards, analytics and risk profiling.
- Assist with Level 1 and 2 business application support for the FIAU and 3rd parties;
- Maintaining, enhancing, and creating workflows, functions and configurations within the relevant system environments;
- Working closely with end-users to maintain, optimize, create, test and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers;
- Thoroughly documenting implemented workflows and data maps including any technical considerations;
- Understanding any new data maps required, with proposed solutions and feasibility analysis;
- Delivering data collection and supervisory system projects on schedule and with high quality;
- Coordinating with the technology and PMQ teams to ensure total product quality and integration, with all relevant applications and processes;
- Staying up-to-date on new system features, key user pain points and functionality;
- Coordinating with technical teams for the management of web servers, back-end operational database environments, file sharing services and other technologies as needed;
- Supporting the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams in understanding the operational data architecture and informing/involving them with any ongoing changes for the purpose of delivering best-in-class insights and analytics to business users;
- Performing daily administrative tasks and addressing any production support issues as may be required;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Technology and Information Security management from time to time.
- An academic qualification in Computer Science at National Qualification Framework level six (6) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- A minimum of two (2) years working in a similar role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- Fluency in both the English and Maltese languages;
- Experience in administering an Enterprise CRM or ERP platform including process flow design and implementation;
- Experience in Enterprise Web Applications as well as Database operations and SQL in a Microsoft stack environment;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills;
- Customer-service oriented, confident and articulate communicator, capable of driving strong collaboration across multi-disciplinary functions;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- The chosen candidate is expected to be confident in managing highly complex processes, involving cross-functional teams.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexi Time
- Team building events