Central Bank Account Registry (CBAR) Officer
Jobsplus Permit No. 462/2020
One of the developments brought about by the 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive has been the introduction of an obligation on Member States to create centralised automated mechanisms allowing competent authorities timely access to information on who holds and/or controls bank and payment accounts identifiable by IBAN. The said obligation extends also to cover safe deposit boxes. The Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit has been designated as the national authority responsible for the establishment, management and administration of this mechanism which has been designated as the 'CBAR'.
In this regard, the FIAU is seeking to recruit a Central Bank Account Registry (CBAR) Officer.
As an Officer within the CBAR Section, the candidate will be responsible to assist in the overall operations of this section. This may include:
- Assisting in ensuring that data is collected through the automated system in an effective and timely manner, including assistance in validation rules and parameters settings;
- Assisting with the on boarding process for Reporting Entities and for CBAR System users;
- Assisting Reporting Entities and CBAR System users with any questions they may have in relation to the system or difficulties they may encounter in making use of the same;
- Liaising with Reporting Entities, CBAR System users and service providers as may be required from time to time;
- Supervising that Reporting Entities abide by their reporting obligations and provide such assistance as may be required for the proper monitoring and enforcement of any such obligations;
- Ensuring that CBAR System users access the system and search for data in line with any applicable policies, procedures and other requirements that may be applicable;
- Retrieving, analysing, transforming and reporting data through business intelligence tools;
- Assisting in the drafting of documentation related to policies and procedures;
- Provide support during FIAU projects;
- Assisting in the compilation of questionnaires and other tasks related to evaluations, assessments and researches being undertaken by various local, European and international bodies;
- Providing training on the CBAR System both internally and externally as required;
- Assessing electronic tools and software for the analysis of data;
- Recommending further enhancements of the CBAR system while assisting in the user accepting testing;
- Assisting in the collection and maintain of comprehensive statistical data as may be required from time to time;
- Representing the FIAU at local and international meetings and workshops;
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the Officer by the CBAR Manager from time to time.
- University degree at a National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better preferably in Statistics, Economics, Financial Services, Auditing or Management. Preference may be given to applicants in possession of a degree in Mathematics & Statistics or Computing Science & Statistics;
- Candidates in possession of a University degree in any other subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven experience in an area that is relevant to this position;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages;
- Qualifications in data analysis & statistics are considered as an asset;
- Expertise and experience in service management is considered as an asset;
- Qualification and relevant experience in information privacy and data protection is considered an asset;
- Proven working experience of a minimum of two years in a similar team and system;
- Familiarity with the relevant EU Directives and related domestic legislation that govern financial and ancillary services together with a high level of familiarity with the operations of the financial services sector; Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Good analytical and report writing skills and a proven track record of technical competence, efficiency, ethical responsibility, and diligence.
The chosen person is required to work in a highly secure, monitored and restricted environment related to data access & personal devices.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexi Time
- Team building events