Compliance Officer within the Cash Restriction Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 172/2022
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Cash Restriction Section through the recruitment of a Compliance Officer.
The candidate will be performing duties to improve the Section’s efficiency in relation to the monitoring of compliance and ensuring adherence to the Use of Cash (Restriction) Regulations as guided by the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (Cap 373 of the Laws of Malta), together with the following duties:
- Liaise, coordinate, and cooperate with various stakeholders and competent authorities including Government agencies;
- Assist in the monitoring and supervision of traders, specifically in ensuring adherence and compliance to the Regulations;
- Carrying out onsite visits to gather the necessary information;
- Retrieve, analyse, transform, and report data through business intelligence tools;
- Assist with the enforcement of both administrative and criminal aspects of the law;
- Collect and maintain comprehensive statistical data required and analyse the data collected on a periodical basis;
- Assist in providing training on cash restriction matters during seminars and events;
- Assist in the drafting of policies, processes & procedures;
- Provide support during FIAU ad-hoc projects.
- University degree or an equivalent qualification at a National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better preferably in Banking, Law, Accountancy, Forensic Accountancy, Audit, Finance or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven working experience of a minimum of two (2) years in a financial service, financial intelligence, financial investigative or a regulatory ambit.
- Sound knowledge and practical understanding of the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the applicable international standards and EU legislation;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools;
- Ability to use analytical tools to hold, search, analyse and organise data;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills and a proven track record of technical competence, efficiency, leadership, ethical responsibility, and diligence;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages is essential.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits
- Flexi Time
- Team building events