Jobsplus Permit No. 610/2018
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Intelligence Analysis Section, by recruiting an Intelligence Analyst to join their team. The Intelligence Analysis Section is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information with a view to combating money laundering and the funding of terrorism.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To conduct detailed financial analysis in relation to suspicious transaction reports and other financial intelligence received by the FIAU and to draw up an analytical report thereon;
- To examine other financial intelligence gathered by the FIAU and to assess whether such analysis leads to suspicions of money laundering or the financing of terrorism activities and report thereon;
- To draw up typology reports on an ongoing basis to be circulated among law enforcement bodies, supervisory authorities and subject persons outlining the methods and trends being used in money laundering and the financing of terrorism as may be identified through such analysis;
- To conduct research on typologies, methodologies and guidance issued by FIUs in foreign jurisdictions and by international standard setting bodies in order to ensure that the FIAU is constantly aware of international developments and trends before they are actually spotted in transactions taking place in or through Malta;
- To gather information in order to identify at an early stage any money laundering or financing of terrorism vulnerabilities that may be present in Malta;
- To contribute to the assessment of electronic tools and software for the analysis of financial data;
- To keep abreast of current and new local and international developments on prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- To collate the information for onward transmission to foreign FIUs in the case of bi-lateral requests for information as may be received by the FIAU;
- To contribute towards the collection and maintenance of comprehensive statistical data required to be maintained in terms of Regulation 14 of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations 2008 as these may be amended from time to time and to analyse the data collected on a periodical basis;
- To represent the Unit in proceedings, including as witness, before any court, tribunal or other adjudicating body; and
- To carry out any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Director, Deputy Director, Head, Senior Manager and Manager, from time to time.
- The chosen candidate must be in possession of an MQF level 6 qualification in Banking and Finance, Criminology, Financial Services, Economics, or in any other subject provided that the applicants has proven experience in an area which is relevant to the position being applied for.
- The selected candidate should have knowledge of the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
- Preference will be given to applicants with sound knowledge and experience in the fields of accounts, law enforcement and compliance.
- Furthermore, candidates should be able to communicate effectively both in Maltese and English. Should be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools, possess good analytical abilities, have a pleasant personality and be of good moral character.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexi Time
- Team building events