Junior Intelligence Analyst
Jobsplus Permit No. 690/2019
Closing Date: 31st July 2021
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Intelligence Analysis Section, by recruiting Junior Intelligence Analysts to join their team. The Intelligence Analysis Section is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information with a view to combating money laundering and the funding of terrorism.
The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Intelligence Analysts shall include, and are not limited to the following:
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- To maintain Information Management Systems;
- To update computerised and paper based records;
- To provide operational support to Section staff, as required;
- To provide administrative assistants with enough guidance, support, leadership, and direction necessary to ensure that they are able to reach their targets;
- To contribute towards the standard operating procedures and ensure that these are adhered to;
- To conduct detailed financial analysis in relation to suspicious transaction reports and other financial intelligence received by the FIAU and to draw up an analytical report thereon;
- To draw up reports on an ongoing basis for onward transmission to foreign FIUs, competent and supervisory authorities;
- To represent the FIAU at local and international meetings;
- To represent the Unit in proceedings, including as witness, before any court, tribunal or other adjudicating body;
- To participate in internal committees as may be required;
- To keep abreast of current and new local and international developments on prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- To perform any other related functions as may be directed.
Applicants must either be:
In possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in Financial Services, Banking and Finance, Economics, Law, Statistics, Accounting, Auditing, Criminology, Mathematics, English, Artificial Intelligence or Computer Information Systems. Candidates in possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in another subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven work experience in an area which is relevant to this position; or
In possession of an MQF Level 5 qualification in Financial Services, Banking and Finance, Economics, Law, Statistics, Accounting, Auditing, Mathematics, English, Artificial Intelligence or Computer Information Systems and at least 3 years work experience relevant to this post. Candidates in possession of an equivalent qualification in another subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven work experience in an area which is relevant to this position.
The selected candidate should have knowledge of the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
Applicants should possess good written and verbal communications skills in both the Maltese & English language, should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools and should have a strong knowledge and experience in the use of excel as well as ability to maintain and extract statistics.
- A dynamic working environment;
- Excellent career prospects;
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits;
- Health and Life Insurance;
- Flexi Time;
- Team building events.