Risk Associates within the Supervision Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 464/2020
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Supervision Section through the recruitment of Associates within the Risk Team.
- Assisting in conducting the risk assessment of subject persons across all sectors, by ensuring that these are carried out in line with the FIAU’s risk assessment methodology and within the required timeframes;
- Assisting the Risk Manager with the interpretation of risk assessment results and transposing said results into a supervisory plan which targets the risks identified;
- Assisting in the compilation of risk evaluation questionnaires;
- Ensuring risk profiles are updated at all times by identifying and monitoring any significant changes and risk trends;
- Assisting the Risk Manager and the Supervisory Section in the carrying out of risk related projects and ad hoc tasks;
- Assisting the Risk Manager in identifying areas for improvement in the internal policies and procedures that are required for effective risk identification, risk monitoring and risk-based supervision;
- Assisting the Risk Manager with the extraction, collation and analysis of data obtained through both thematic and other supervisory reviews in order to provide guidance to subject persons, including the drawing up of guidance papers;
- Liaising, coordinating, and cooperating with various Competent Authorities including the Malta Financial Services Authority/Malta Gaming Authority /Sanctions Monitoring Board /the National Coordination Committee for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism/the Malta Police Force and others as may be required from time to time;
- Assisting in other tasks related to evaluations and assessments being undertaken by various local and international bodies such as the EU, the Egmont Group, MONEYVAL, FATF, etc.;
- Carrying out other job-related duties as assigned by senior management, from time to time.
- University degree or an equivalent qualification (MQF Level 6) in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Audit, or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven experience in an area relevant to this position;
- Sound knowledge and practical understanding of the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the applicable international standards and EU legislation;
- Proven knowledge and experience in risk assessment, data analysis, report writing, review engagements and audit considered an asset;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools;
- A clean criminal record.
• A dynamic working environment
• Excellent career prospects
• An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits
• Flexi Time
• Team building events