Secretary within the Supervision & Enforcement Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 402/2020
Closing Date: 16th August 2020
The FIAU is seeking to recruit a Secretary to join the Supervision & Enforcement Section. Responsibilities include:
- The scheduling of Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings and Compliance Monitoring Sub-Committee meetings including communication with members to determine availabilities for meetings attendance and the sharing of information before, during and after meetings with all members. This shall also include the timely rescheduling of meetings if same are cancelled.
- The creation of agendas for all upcoming meetings. This shall also include the distribution of the agenda to all members and updating of the agenda in case of any changes.
- Coordination with officers with the Supervision and Enforcement to ensure that all required information and documentation to be used during Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings and Compliance Monitoring Sub-Committee meetings is made available within stipulated timeframes.
- The upkeep of a meeting tracker to keep record of all Compliance Monitoring Committee meetings and Compliance Monitoring Sub-Committee meetings held and cases discussed.
- The taking of adequate and detailed minutes of all meetings held by the Compliance Monitoring Committee and Compliance Monitoring Sub-Committee of the FIAU, which shall include the distribution of the finalised meeting minutes to members and obtaining approval of meeting minutes by all members involved.
- Coordinating time allocation per case to ensure the agenda is adhered to.
- The issuance of an Annual Committee Report providing summary of the cases discussed by the Committees and the decisions taken, including graphical representations of this information.
- The up keep of both soft and hard copy files of past meeting minutes and all relevant documentation.
- Provision of assistance as required by Committee members.
- Minute taking in other meetings as may be required from time to time.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Director, Deputy Director, Senior Manager and Manager.
- Academic qualification in secretarial work, or any other relevant subject at National Qualification Framework level five (5) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in secretarial work. Experience in the scheduling and management of meetings and in minute taking are also required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language is a necessity;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel are also important.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexi Time
- Team building events