Senior Manager within the Strategy, Policy, and Quality Assurance Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 301/2023
Closing Date: 24th November 2023
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Strategy, Policy, and Quality Assurance section through the recruitment of a Senior Manager. The section is responsible for providing strategic direction, overseeing implementation of strategic initiatives, conducting quality assurance reviews, and ensuring staff’s training needs are addressed.
As a Senior Manager within the Strategy, Policy and Quality Assurance section, the candidate will be responsible to assist the Head in the overall operations of the section. This may include:
- Leading and contributing to strategy-setting exercises and transformational programmes;
- Overseeing and guiding various sections in relation to the implementation of strategic initiatives;
- Implementing an effective monitoring framework to track and report on the progress of strategic initiatives;
- Staying updated on developments within the AML/CFT sphere to add value to FIAU’s strategic direction;
- Leading and overseeing comprehensive quality assurance reviews on operational procedures and ensuring adequate follow-up on recommended actions;
- Overseeing and supporting the Training & Development function in proactively analysing and addressing training needs
Liaising with national, European, and internal bodies on policy and strategy matters;
- Offering expert assistance, guidance, and mentorship to the team.
To be considered for this role, candidates should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A University degree or equivalent qualification (MQF Level 6) preferably in Law, Accounting, Audit, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Insurance, Economics, or any related subject;
- 7 years of relevant work experience, of which at least three 3 years must have been in a managerial role;
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record in one of the following areas: strategy and transformation; business improvement; change management; internal audit; project management; risk management; or compliance;
- Proficiency in EU directives and local legislation that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism is considered to be an asset;
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in both Maltese & English.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Family friendly measures
- Team building events