Senior Officer (Strategy) within the Strategy, Policy & QA Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 665/2022
Closing Date: 14th December 2022
FIAU is currently in the process of formulating its Strategy for the next 4 years. Given the extent of this project and the considerable number of exciting initiatives that are being identified, FIAU is seeking to recruit a Senior Officer – Strategy, to join and assist the Strategy, Policy and Quality Assurance team in ensuring the successful implementation of the FIAU’s Strategy.
The selected person will be assisting with the roll-out and monitoring of the Strategy Action Plan, by working closely with the Quality Assurance as well as the Project Management team to strengthen the FIAU’s AML/CFT functions.
Duties shall include:
- Assisting with new strategic initiatives;
- Assisting with the prioritisation of strategic initiatives to pursue;
- Overseeing as well as directly organising and administering ongoing Strategic initiatives and projects;
- The role will range from monitoring the Strategic Plan implementation, facilitating consultation with stakeholders, alerting to, and addressing, potentially compromising issues, to actually steering the full cycle, from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and controlling action plans till successful conclusion;
- Liaising and keeping stakeholders updated through meetings, related documentation, periodic progress reports and statistical data regarding the status of the Strategic Plan;
- Monitoring and reporting on outcome of strategic initiatives and the degree of success through a KPI control framework;
- Keeping abreast with revisions and updates to the AML/CFT legislative and institutional framework, both at local and international level for a continuous risk awareness in strategic requirements and initiatives;
- Providing ad-hoc assistance in connection with any evaluation, assessment or study being undertaken by the EU, Egmont, MONEYVAL, FATF and other relevant international organisations concerning or of interest to the FIAU or Malta;
- Participation in conferences, seminars and workshops organised by the FIAU, as well as in other events of AML/CFT relevance organised by sector representative bodies and private sector entities;
- Participation in internal committees of the FIAU;
- Providing assistance to the Strategy, Policy and Quality Assurance team in any other relevant matters.
- A University Degree at NQF level 6 or better;
- 3 years experience in strategy, quality assurance or audit role, with preference given to candidates with proven experience in AML/CFT measures;
- Highly organised, having strong reasoning and analytical skills as well as a strong ability to analyse, challenge and add value;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead assigned tasks with minimum or no supervision;
- Be able to show a track record of competence, efficiency, and diligence in a relevant post.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits
- Health and Life Insurance
- Flexi Time
- Team building events