Training and Development Officer within the Strategy, Policy and Quality Assurance Section
Jobsplus Permit No. 549/2021
Closing Date: 30th September 2021
The FIAU is seeking to recruit a Training & Development Officer to join the Team within the Strategy, Policy and Quality Assurance Section. The selected person will be assisting FIAU’s successful implementation of its strategy by assessing the Unit’s developmental training needs and setting suitable training programmes for all employees following consultation with section managers. Responsibilities include:
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with appraisers, Head Strategy Policy and Quality Assurance, Manager – Quality Assurance and Human Resources department.
- Design, develop and implement a training strategy; choosing the most appropriate methods of delivery to support an incorporated approach to training.
- Work closely with stakeholders to produce training programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant sections within the unit.
- Design and apply effective assessment tools to measure the training effectiveness and track progress against objectives.
- Coordinate, facilitate or produce training materials for in-house courses.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with appraisers and other touch points.
- Liaise with management and present findings, evidence, and recommendations to address any weaknesses identified and improvement opportunities.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities.
- Keep up to date on training design and methodology, researching and recommending new training solutions and improvements to current processes.
- Keep abreast with changes occurring in the organisations to determine whether and how training strategy and plans need to be adapted.
- Participation in conferences, seminars and workshops organised by the FIAU, as well as in other events of AML/CFT relevance organised by sector representative bodies and private sector entities.
- Participation in internal committees of the FIAU.
- Reviewing of costs of planned programmes to keep within budgets and draw monthly expenditure reports.
- Represent the Unit in proceedings, including as witness, before any court, tribunal or other adjudicating body.
- Provide assistance to the Manager Quality Assurance & the Head Strategy, Policy & Quality Assurance in any other relevant matters.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and innovative approach to work. Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in, human resources, education, or relevant field.
- Three years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programmes.
- Knowledge of training methodologies and competency assessments.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis.
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career prospects
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits
- Flexi Time
- Team building events